Flowers are recognized as a traditional way to express your heartfelt condolences to someone experiencing a loss. Flowers have been a symbol of expressing our love, affection, and gratitude for people. However, you need to choose the right type of funeral flowers as they serve to honor the dead. Many people may never have purchased flowers for the dead. Thus, they do not have the right knowledge about choosing the correct flowers for the funeral. If you are facing such circumstances, then you should avoid picking any random flowers, as you may certainly hurt the emotions or sentiments of the family of the deceased.
Although understandably, your intentions were never to hurt the emotions of someone, you need to be careful with things like this to avoid such situations. So, how do you choose the right kind of flower? Relax; choosing funeral flowers is not as complicated as it sounds. You just need to be familiar with the type of flowers that are given at the time of a funeral. Once you become well acquainted with funeral flowers, it is no longer a challenging task for you.
Keep reading to gather all the necessary information for picking funeral flowers.
Important things to remember while buying funeral flowers
There are some of the important things you need to remember while buying flowers for the dead. Some of the points include:
- Determine whether the flowers are appropriate: You need to consider whether the flowers are appropriate according to their religion or rituals performed. In Jewish, Islamic, and Hindu funerals, flowers are not expected. They may have other ways to express your love for the deceased person, but sending flowers is not one of them.
- Shop on a budget: Flower arrangements vary greatly, and you can find both inexpensive and expensive flowers for a funeral. It would be best if you researched the pricing of the shop you choose to buy from. Make sure you only pay if the flowers are worth the price. If not, consider purchasing from some other well-known store. Check the quality of the flowers you purchase, whether or not they are in the best condition.
- Choose the type of flowers specified by the deceased’s family: In some cases, the deceased’s family may specify a preferred color or request that you bring the deceased’s favorite flowers. You need to check for all such details before buying any funeral flower of your choice. Gather the details, and you can then pick the best one.
Which are some of the most common funeral flowers?
You would be surprised to know that every flower has a different meaning. You want to know about some of the common flowers usually preferred at the time of funerals. Some of the common types of funeral flowers include:
- Lilies: It is considered the most popular type of funeral flower and is massively chosen by numerous people all across the globe for such purposes. It is a symbol of grace, peace, and dignity. White lilies should be your choice for any funeral flower arrangement.
- Daisies: Daisies can be either white or more colorful. It depends on your choice. They are widely used for bulking up funeral arrangements. The arrangements were traditionally used for children and infants.
- Roses: Roses all across the globe represent love and respect. Roses are the perfect choice for a funeral flower arrangement. However, there are various types of roses available, and each has a different meaning.
- Carnations: They are widely known to be the star of funeral arrangements. You can choose these as they are more economical than roses or lilies.
If you do not have a clear idea of choosing funeral flowers, consider reading the information shared above. They will rightly guide you in picking the right type of flower.