Testosterone is a hormone produced in a male’s body by his testicles. This hormone is also found in some animals. This hormone is significantly produced when the person hits puberty. It is often correlated with sex drive. It plays an essential role in producing sperms. Imbalance in testosterone levels might result in dysfunction in parts of the body. These things can affect you mentally and physically.
What is the range of testosterone levels?
A normal testosterone range in men is 300 to 1070 ng/dL. A low testosterone level ranges below 300 ng/dL, and a High level of testosterone ranges above 1200 ng/dL.
What happens when a man has a low testosterone level?
When a man has a low testosterone level, he might reduce sex drive, low sperm count, erectile dysfunction, swollen or enlarged breast tissues. Over time symptoms might lead to loss of hair on the body, loss of strength, loss of body bulk, and increased body fat. This can create a lot of stress, and one can lose the confidence to live a happy life. Nowadays, one can easily increase the level of testosterone count with the help of medicines.
How to boost testosterone naturally?
You can test this seven testosterone support to boost the level to reach a normal range.
- Vitamin D
- Minimize stress.
- Adequate amount of sleep
What are testosterone boosters?
A testosterone booster or testosterone supplement is any artificial or naturally generated substance that increases testosterone levels. It includes:
Testosterone replacement therapy
- It is a medical treatment given to people who have a low level of testosterone. This includes Injectable testosterone, Transdermal testosterone, and Oral testosterone capsules. These boosters are consumed for treating primary hypogonadism, building muscle or bodybuilding, improving sexual performance, feeling younger, increasing energy levels, and improving mood.
increase sex drive, improve sexual function, increase muscle strength and physical endurance, denser, stronger bones
doing more physical activity, weightlifting, eating a balanced diet of lean protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates, etc., can help in increasing the level of testosterone.
What happens when a man has a high level of testosterone?
When testosterone increases in men, they experience a lot of growth on the face, deepening of the voice, growth of sexual organs, and well-developed muscles.
How to control High-level testosterone naturally?
High-level testosterone can be controlled by consuming:
- Soy and Soy-based products
- Licorice root
- Vegetable oil
- Processed food
Testosterone in women
Yes, women produce testosterone too. Although it is a male sex hormone that plays a very important role in the process of reproduction, women produce testosterone in the ovaries, skin cells, adrenal gland, and fat cells. As per studies and research, a female’s body produces 1/10th to 1/20th of the amount as an average men do. Testosterone plays a vital role in bone health, fertility, breast health, menstrual health, sex drive, and vaginal health.
The average level of testosterone in women
The average amount of testosterone produced in a female’s body ranges between 8 to 60 ng/dL.
Facts about testosterone
- It regulates several processes in the male’s body apart from sex drive that is bone mass, fat distribution, red blood cell production, muscle size, and strength.
- As men age, the testosterone level tends to drop.
- Testosterone replacement therapy has side effects and risks like acne, breast tenderness, an increase in the number of red blood cells, small testicles, infertility, and swelling of the low extremities.
- Women produce testosterone too, but in a very smaller amount.