PLEASE SIGN THESE PETITIONS NOW AND THEN SHARE THEM WIDELYCitizens Demand To Close
Indian Point Nuclear Plant
We, residents of the Hudson Valley and the metropolitan New York and New Jersey areas, are demanding that the licensing renewals for the Indian Point nuclear power plant for 2013 and 2015 be denied, and that the plant is closed down as soon as possible. Studies have shown that with upgrades in the New York State power grid, with energy efficiency and conservation measures, and investment in renewable sources, Indian Point’s capacity can be replaced with minimal cost to consumers.Close the Indian Point
Nuclear Power Plant
To: Members of Congress: Senator Barbara Boxer, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Senator Chuck Schumer, Senator Ron Wyden, Senator Bernie Sanders, Representative Eliot Engel, Representative Nita Lowey, Representative Sean Patrick Maloney.
Stop the Nuclear Regulatory Commission from relicensing the Indian Point nuclear reactors 2 and 3.
Get the Facts on Tritium
- Understanding Tritium, by Cape Downwinders
- TRITIUM from Nuclear Power Plants: Its Biological Hazards, NIRS
- TRITIUM: HEALTH CONSEQUENCES, NIRS factsheet
- The evidence that radiation from nuclear reactors causes childhood leukemia, by Michael Mariotte
- PART II: AP IMPACT: Tritium leaks found at many nuke sites